Thursday, September 10, 2009

Not My Usual Rant

Surprise, surprise! This isn't my usual rant about stuff like the moron who interrupted the president's speech, Republicans who don't get it or gas bags like Patrick Buchanan on Imus this morning. No, this is about my day yesterday with my two grand daughters. After the 5 yr old got on the bus, the 3 yr old and I returned to the house. The first thing we did was play school. She was the teacher, of course, and I was a student. After I was told where to sit, we had story hour. She grabbed a book and while holding it upside down and turning the pages backward, she started telling me a story. It had nothing to do with the book she was holding but it was a great story-one she had heard before but recited very accurately. It's amazing what kids remember. That went on for a while until she got tired of it. After that we played doctor. She was the doctor and I the patient. I got several shots of course. After that she played on her own for quite a while with some of her dolls. After her lunch, we went to the bus stop to get her big sister. The after noon, the little one was taking her nap, the 5 yr old first did a project for her great grand mother. Then we played doctor. Both girls love to play doctor and I'm always impressed at how much they know. For example, the 5 yr old decided I needed several treatments with a nebulizer machine. While I was breathing that (a real one absent the asthma inhaler cartridge), she started me on an IV-actually calling it an IV. I asked her what that was and she told me it was a drip that would give me medicine. Then she instructed me to stop talking since she had just given me a shot that would put me to sleep while she treated my eye. This took place for quite a while until her mother got home. All in all it was a great day with two bright, happy little girls who never cease to take my mind off the aforementioned topics. However, stay tuned. While I've been painting I've been listening to MSNBC, getting more and more aggravated. I feel another blog coming on!!

1 comment:

Tim said...

Sounds like med school is in their future! What fun you must be having. Three is such a fun age and I'm sure five is too. They seem to remember every little thing don't they! Enjoy, and don't think too much about the nitwits on the news or in Congress!