Friday, September 11, 2009

Never Forget


September 11, 2001
There aren't many days when you can remember exactly what you were doing. Not even when my kids were born do I remember everything. One day though was the assassination of John Kennedy. The other is 9/11. I was on my way to school when I heard on the radio that my particular school had closed because a delivery truck took down the power lines in front of it. I was instructed to report to central office where I would be calling parents to explain what happened. On my way there, I heard the initial radio reports of planes crashing into the World Trade Center. More was learned as events unfolded and information came in. The school thing very quickly became unimportant. It was indeed a very sad day.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That was a horrible day, and 9/11 always brings me back to Sandy Hook! Sabine calling me on the way to work to say 'turn around, no school!' I thought it would be a perfect day to catch up on paperwork. Instead I watched too much tv. That next day in fourth grade was one of the hardest. Anyway, thinking of all the SHS people. :) Amy