Wednesday, September 2, 2009

An Agenda

There's a popular video circulating on YouTube which originated on a piece John Stossel did on the ABC news program 20/20. The main idea is that if Obama gets his way with national health care reform, the health care system as we know it today will be destroyed. Research will grind to a halt, appointments and procedures will be delayed or even disallowed, all manner of consequences. This is yet another outrageous example of biased reporting. All the people who make these claims have yet to explain the following:
I get appointments & schedule procedures & tests whenever and where ever I want-and in a timely fashion. I choose my doctors, hospitals, medicines (with my doctor), and what ever treatment regimen I want. Who is my insurance company? Medicare, that's who. Wait, isn't Medicare run by the government? How's that possible? You mean you don't have to worry about all of those dire warnings with HMOs? Yeah, Right!! Get with it, people. You're being hoodwinked by the nay sayers. Turn John Stossel and others of his ilk off and watch a good movie on some cable channel instead, or, better still, read a good book!

1 comment:

Tim said...

I can't take this narrow-mindedness! Just think logically, do some research and listen. Don't listen to Fox News or Mr. Stossel who for his whole career has been making money on sensational journalism. Thanks George.