Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Rule of Routine

I've always found it amazing that no matter what people are doing or where they are, they need to establish a routine. It must be a security thing because here we are, the second day of our family vacation in Rhode Island and already I and the others have a routine. Up early, have coffee, check emails, play with any of the grand children who might be up, eventually take 40 to 45 minute walk, have protein shake, go to beach, have lunch....and so it goes until I'm laying in bed reading my book. I'm sure that's going to be the routine the whole time we're here. Others have their own routine too-especially the kids for whom a routine is especially important. You don't just skip meals or naps with little ones. It doesn't mean you can't have fun. It just means your fun has been routinized. Well, I have to go. I have a schedule to keep!

No comments: