Thursday, June 18, 2009

Got An Opinion with No Facts? No Problem!

This morning on the Today show the results of yet another opinion poll revealed that President Obama's presidency is losing some of its luster. It seems people are upset or at least concerned about Obama's health care proposals to which I reply, 'what proposals!!!' It's amazing how so many people will have an opinion on something based on so little information. I fully understand the Republican's concern. They're determined to be obstructionists so they're simply doing what they do best. But the general public? I read Newsweek, the daily newspaper, watch news programs and generally stay informed and I've seen little or nothing in the way of details about Obama's health care reform. Here's what I do know: He's all for letting people choose their plan, doctors and general decisions about health care. He's NOT in favor of government making decisions for you. Some folks complain about government health insurance. But guess what? I'm on medicare and it's great! So what's the problem. Amazing isn't it. How about waiting to see what the guy has to say, folks. Then make up your mind.

No comments: