Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Good Trip

Today I accompanied a group of residents from an assisted living facility to a local military museum. They were all men and all veterans of WWII. Frankly the museum wasn't a particularly good one but that's not the point. The trip got the men out for a while and it brought up a lot of memories for them-many of them not very pleasant i.e, one of them was in a German POW camp. When I posted on Facebook that I had done this, several people asked if I was writing down some of the stories they had to tell. Unfortunately, I haven't but starting next week that will change. I plan to bring a notebook with me to my men's group and start journaling their stories. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with them but I am sure that from time to time I'll have something to say on this blog so stay tuned. This is a work in progress.

No comments: