Thursday, April 10, 2008

Here Are The Rules

One of the nice things about being the parent of grown children is that you have lots of good memories to look back on. Being a grand parent is icing on the cake-kind of like the double feature of a really good movie. Very often while driving, my 4 year old grand daughter likes to play games-very similar to when her mother and uncle were little. The grand daughter's games are a little different though because, unlike her mother and her uncle, her sister is too young to keep her honest. For example here's a game she loves to play: I'm thinking of something that lives in (fill in the blank). Here's how it often goes:
Child: I'm thinking of something that lives in a circus.
Grandpa: Is it an elephant?
Child: Nope
Grandpa: Is it a lion or tiger?
Child: Nope
Grandpa: Is it a bear?
Child: Nope
Grandpa: OK, I give up.
Child: It's a bear.
Grandpa: But I said that.
Child: Yeah but I changed my mind then but now changed it back. My turn again.

There are three rules to playing games with a 4 year old:
1. They get to make the rules.
2. They can change the rules whenever they want.
3. Don't like it??? See rule #1.

Now here's a really odd coincidence for you. My wife has the same set of rules. Hmmm.....verrrry interesting!!

No comments: