Thursday, December 14, 2023

A Sad Day

 Today is the 11th anniversary of the Sandy Hook School shooting tragedy. Twenty one children and six adult staff members were killed.  When I got the news of this horrific event I was in the waiting room of my kidney doctor's office.  A nurse came in and said to me "didn't you teach at Sandy Hook?" I replied I did.  She told me to go to the outer waiting room and look at the TV.  

That happened at about 9:30 in the morning so events were unfolding.  I went ahead with my appointment and rushed home after too watch events unfold on TV.  It ended up being the worst day of my life and I'm 80.

What's been done since then to address the issue of gun violence?  Nothing.  It is this country's greatest failure.  Is there cause for optimism over the coming year or two?  None.  Not as long as we have a House of Representatives controlled by republicans.  

So onward we go, into the future, proudly wearing our guns on our belts. 



No comments: