Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Doldrums of summer

 These are the doldrums of summer.  It's too hot to do anything strenuous outside so we're basically confined to indoor spaces.  I don't even like going for walks in hot, humid weather. So how do I fill the days, you ask?  Well, I'm still volunteering one day a week and I still have my weekly story to write for Volume II of my personal history.  I also read quite a bit or I busy myself with photography tasks. If that isn't enough I have Sudoku and word jumble puzzles I print out from the e-edition of my newspaper every morning.  Then there's the daily Wordle puzzle I do every morning.

Added to that list are a number of small, routine chores that need to be done around the house regardless of the weather.  

There's always something.  Nature even has a way of adding to my list as you can see below. We went for a long time without any problems with bears and our bird feeders until about a week ago. The two pictures taken by my trail cam that  I posted below show you what happened.  I managed to straighten out the pole and then I started taking the feeder in at night and putting it out during the day thinking the bears wouldn't come around when there was evidence of human activity.  Wrong! One morning two days ago I left the house at 9:30 and returned at 10:30.  Within that hour the feeder got hit again so that's it for feeding the birds until cold weather returns.

My next post probably won't be for a while unless something comes up.  Check back later.





No comments: