Monday, November 8, 2021

A Word About Daylight Savings Time

I think I've reached the point where I think we should just leave the clocks the same all year.  There is no longer a need for daylight savings time and it's a twice-a-year pain in the rump.  Even with various devices that automatically adjust the time there are still a lot in my house that I have to do. Plus the disruption of sleep patterns is annoying.  

 So now the question is which one is it going to be: daylight savings time or Eastern standard time.  It's basically a choice between dark mornings or getting dark more quickly at night.  I, personally, vote for dark mornings but then I think about kids waiting for school buses in the dark.  Not good.  So I'll sacrifice my choice for them and stick with Eastern Standard Time.

Anyway, it doesn't much matter what I think.  Nothing is going to change.  

No comments: