Monday, September 21, 2020

Odds & Ends

 Some random thoughts in no particular order.

1.   First on the passing of Ruth Bader Ginsburg- This is a great loss to our country.  RBG was a huge advocate for women's and civil rights.  Compounding this is Mitch McConnell's promise to push through a Trump appointee-in spite of his remarks regarding Obama's pick in 2016.  This points out the hypocrisy and utter corruption of this republican congress.  Get out there this November and vote these guys out!

2. The weather over the last few days has been uncharacteristically chilly reminding me that I still have quite a bit of wood to split.  Most of it is done  but now I need to stack it. I'm hoping I have enough on hand for the next 2 seasons at least.  By then I'll be 80 and not sure if I'm going to be wanting to spend a lot of time working up a supply of wood.  Maybe we'll switch our stove to a gas insert.  We'll see how it goes.  I've been burning wood for 43 years. 

3.  My lovely wife and I recently celebrated our 53rd anniversary.  Like all married couples we each have our pet peeves.  One of mine is grocery shopping with her.  I usually do it myself on Sunday mornings when I can get in and out quickly.  I make a list, get what's on the list and that's that.  If it ain't on the list, it don't get got to put it somewhat crudely.  Anyway, my wife does not subscribe to the same approach.  She enters the store and proceeds to go up and down EVERY SINGLE AISLE whether or not we need anything there.  Not one shelf gets skipped over.  Nothing is missed.  As a consequence of this it takes us 3 times longer to shop and we spend at least twice as much.  Often more.  I know, there are worse things and I agree.  I guess I'm getting cranky in my old age.

4. Finally, a word about fashion.  Teen fashion, that is.  We went to dinner a couple of nights ago with my daughter and her family which includes two teenage daughters-our grand daughters ages 14 & 16.  I displayed a picture below of their outfit.  When I saw them I told them I felt so bad that their parents wouldn't dress them properly.  Of course that resulted in the age-old eye roll which we all laughed at.  I offered them my old jeans when they wore out which are still in better shape than theirs but they politely declined-well, not so politely actually.  They're great girls and right on top of the fashion world!

That's it for today. 




 

No comments: