Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Pet Peeve # (I forgot)....

I, like most people, have no problem stopping for school buses with flashing red lights.  Taking a few minutes to help keep school children safe is really a no-brainer.  But my pet peeve is to the (almost always) mother who has to stand there and chat up the bus driver while a long line of cars builds up behind the bus.  I mean really.  Let me help you out, ladies.

1. No, the driver doesn't know whether or not there's going to be an early dismissal because of possible bad weather.  You'll be notified by school officials.
2. No, the driver doesn't know if there's going to be a delayed opening tomorrow.  It will be on TV as early as 4 A.M. the next morning.
3. Yes, she remembers the notes you've been giving her all week telling her there will be a sitter there at drop off-not you.
4. Yes, she spoke to the little boy/girl who's been picking on your little boy/girl.  She told you about it yesterday, remember?
5. Yes, I'll drive carefully.  Now get the f--- out of the way.

No comments: