1. Jose is proving to be much less troublesome here and in FL than Irma-fortunately.
The situation in FL is getting better. Power had been restored for some time but waste water disposal is still a problem. Hopefully, the situation will be much improved by the middle of October.
2. Hurricane Maria, Cat 5, is now in the process of destroying several Caribbean islands. With any luck at all it will do as projected-turn Northeast and go out to sea.
3. Trump is in N.Y. speaking at the U.N. God help us-and the rest of the world!
4. Sandi got me a new laptop for our 50th anniversary-a MacBook Pro. Great machine but missing some of the features I use, i.e. USB ports and a DVD. I borrowed a DVD and bought an adapter for to have USB. Why does Apple do that?
5. My son-in-law and I recently cut and brought home about two cords of wood from a friend's house. We've split about half of it. Already in good shape for next couple of years. Working on year three. In spite of global warming we still have winters here in CT.
6. Fall sports have kicked in big time. Boys=football. Brooke=soccer. Courtney=cross country.
We're going to be busy.
Bye for now.