Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Donald Trump and his 'People'

The news that Donald Trump opted out of the Paris Climate Accords after his recent trip was no surprise to me.  He's an ignorant fool who is ignoring a mountain of data supporting the claim that burning fossil fuels is largely responsible for global warming. Most republican congressman are in the same boat as him (which is getting higher and higher due to the melting of the polar ice caps).

This morning I saw an example of how this kind of dumb thinking is filtering down to idiots who support Trump.  I got behind a pickup truck equipped with oversized tires and an exhaust stack that was rerouted so it rose up through the bed of the truck.  That too was a  unnecessarily oversized.  The truck had a bumper sticker which read. "I'm proud of my carbon footprint. Don't like it?  Eat my exhaust!"  Lovely.  The truck was driven by a young man in his 20s.  A Rhodes Scholar, no doubt!

Let's hope his kind of thinking is in the minority. Otherwise we're doomed.

No comments: