Saturday, May 21, 2016

Back to the club

Due to a very affordable membership drive and Sandi's urging, we have rejoined Newtown Country Club.  NCC is a small but challenging 9 hole course with a bar and  restaurant.  Part of the membership fee includes a requirement to spend a certain amount of money every month at the restaurant.  It's not much and basically one dinner takes care of it. Plus the food is good.

That's the good news.  The bad news is the game of golf which I find to be quite difficult.  My scores-like my ball-are all over the place but I've been assured by several people that part of the reason is because I simply don't play enough.  Theoretically, the more I play, the better I'll get. 

They may be right but I'm not optimistic. We'll see.  I'll keep you posted. FOOUUUR!!

No comments: