Monday, January 11, 2016

There's No Place Like Home

We've just returned from a 10-day trip to our condo in Florida.  The weather was not up to our usual expectations but it was at least warmer than it is here-in addition to which we got to spend time with two friends who we haven't seen in a long time.

One of my main objectives was to try out a metal detector I rec'd for Christmas.  I didn't get to do that but at lease it will be there for our next trip in late April-early May.

Now it's back to the routine.  My usual volunteer stuff-schools and nursing homes-and occasional baby sitting duties and little projects around the house.  Just enough to keep me busy and not so much that I'm stressed out.

Interspersed with all of this will be the occasional snow storm to clean up.

That's life.  Routine. As much as some people complain about being in a rut it's very often the rut that keeps us focused and moving along. 

So there you have it.  My pearls of wisdom for a cold January day. 

Finally, my web site has new pictures from our trip.  Be sure to check it. georgeswebpage.com


No comments: