Sunday, June 15, 2014

It's Graduation Time

It's that time of year again-Graduations.
Over the years graduations have increased tremendously.  Throughout my life I participated in 4 graduations-eighth grade, high school, college (B.A.) & graduate school (M.S.) with the last one being forced on me by Sandi.  Otherwise it would have been three.

Yesterday we celebrated our youngest grand son's first graduation-from preschool.  The next one will be Tuesday when Cole graduates from Kindergarten.  The next after that I think will be Brooke's graduation from elementary grade 5 to middle school.  And on and on it will go for who knows how long.

What is one to make of all of this?  I used to think bah humbug, it's all ridiculous-too much too soon but I've changed my mind completely.  It's great watching how happy the kids are and the pride they take in their accomplishment.  What could be wrong with that?  What's the harm?  None.  If anything it's one more opportunity to be with the family. 

So I say congratulations Nicholas and anyone else.  I hope there're many more.


No comments: