Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Gadgets

I never thought of myself as a gadget freak.  I'm not one of those people who has to have the latest and greatest of stuff.  Yet, everytime we go away somewhere, I find myself packing an assortment of cables for gadgets we feel we need to bring with us. 

The picture you see here shows a few of those gadgets.  Included are two laptop computers-one is mine, the other Sandi's-my oldish cell phone, an iPod, two iPad table computers--again, one mine the other Sandi's--and an Amazon Kindle eReader which belongs to Sandi but when she's not using it, I use it to read books we've downloaded to it.

And this isn't everything.  What you don't see is Sandi's iPhone and another iPod she has in her office.  Then there's yet a third iPod we leave in Florida.  Along with all three iPod's are speaker docks they go into.

To top it off there's the camera I used to take the picture. 

Finally, there's my desk top computer which I don't really consider to be a gadget but it is yet another electronic device.

I suppose to some extent all of this makes me a gadget freak.  There are lots of people who have maybe one or two of these items.  But then again there are others who have a whole lot more.  For example my cell phone is old technology compared to SmartPhones.  Also, we don't have portable GPS devices although our iPads can function in that manner.

Do we need all these things?  Of course not.  But they are fun and in many ways they make life easier (unless of course one or more of them are malfunctioning). 

Take for example the recent string of power outages we've had over the past few years.  Our cell phones and iPads allowed us to keep in touch with what's going on. 

Anyway, you can be sure I'm not going to rush out and buy the new iPad Apple just announced.  Well.....

No comments: