Dear Mr. President,
Congratulations on taking the Oath of Office for your second term as President of the United States. Here are a few suggestions for goals you might set for your coming term.
1. Work toward income tax reform. If everyone paid their fair share in this country, there would be no debt crises.
2. Extend the Social Security contribution that everyone is required to make to those earning up to $1 million a year. Capping contributions to income of $120,000 puts an unfair burden on lower income earners. The cap as it stands now is absurd!
3. Consider an idea first put forth by George Bush (43)--the only good one he ever had. Deal with the issue of illegal immigrants by establishing a Guest Worker program. Give all illegals a grace period to sign up for it. Require them to pay taxes toward education and health care. If, after the grace period, a person is found to be without having signed up, deport him & his family (never split up a family) immediately.
4. Continue to stand up to obstructionist republicans. Their "just say no" approach to government is destroying the country.
5. Continue to stand up to foreign terrorists--but not with troops. Use our ample air power and drones. With the exception of small groups of American personnel gathering intelligence, bring the troops home.
6. Finally, stand firm for your principles. Ignore the nay-sayers who use so-called political commentary as a cover for bigotry and hatred.
Good luck. You're going to need it.