Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Ratings War Is On

The Today Show and Good Morning America are battling each other for morning viewers. GMA has been nibbling away at Today's lead in recent months so NBC is getting nervous.

So what does NBC do to combat this erosion in viewers? It recruits none other than air head, gas bag Sarah Palin to co-host! Good move Today. You lost me.

Oh. In response to this bonehead move, ABC got Katie Couric to fill in for Robin Roberts for the week. A much better move in my view.

Actually, I don't care what either of them do. Morning TV has sunk to new lows in recent years. Fortunately I get Fox Business News station which airs the Imus in the Morning show. Depending on who he has for guests, this is preferable to network TV.

Lest you get the wrong idea, I don't actually watch morning TV for very long. With the exception of Tuesdays, I'm usually up and out fairly quickly.

No comments: