Friday, October 21, 2011

Another one of life's little annoyances

First, let me state unequivocally that I am very grateful for my good fortune. I am blessed beyond any expectations.

Yet...I like many of you are constantly encountering little annoyances here and there that tend to put a cloud over what would otherwise be a fine day.

Take this morning for example. Yesterday, first thing in the morning I called my doctor's office to make an appointment and arrange for blood work.

The secretary said she'd fax the blood work prescription to the lab so that when I showed up there it would be ready.

Past experience made me emphasize that I'd be going first thing in the morning (today) and please, please don't forget. Oh, no, Mr. Stockwell. As soon as I hang up I'll tend to it!

You guessed it! I get there this morning and surprise, surprise, no scrip from the doctor's office.

I left a short, terse message on their answering machine leaving no doubt that I was quite annoyed.

I'm not going to be able to get there now until Tuesday. I hope it gets there by then!

No comments: