Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy September 1st

Where have I been for almost a week? Dealing with Hurricane Irene. That's where.

Actually, the level of discomfort and inconvenience caused by the hurricane was very minimal for our household. Incredibly, we never lost power but we did lose cable (Internet, TV, Phone). But even there, I was able to keep up with what was going on by using an iPad that had 3G capability.

For the uninitiated that means I could connect to the internet or check my emails by using a cell tower. Oh, I had my cell phone too.

So, all in all, we were in great shape. But there were a lot of folks who weren't so lucky. You can read my upcoming column on Newtown Patch to learn more.

In the mean time, cheer up. In less than three weeks it will be Autumn and then before you know it hurricane season will be over...but then the snow starts.

Life in New England.

No comments: