Sunday, April 3, 2011

Join me in welcoming two new members to the Lunatic Fringe

On previous occasions I have published a (growing) list of members to the group of people who have come to be known as the Lunatic Fringe.

They have earned this dubious distinction because of their loopy ideas and laughably absurd statements.

People like Glen Beck (who has recently gone completely off the edge), Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, George W. Bush & his clone Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, Ann Coulter and Sarah Palin are the most notably insane among a growing group.

Well, today it gives me great pleasure to announce two new members: Donald Trump and Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann (R).

Let's take Trump first. He's actually considering a run for the presidency but why would anyone be surprised. He has such a monumentally huge ego, I'm surprised he hasn't declared himself the Second Coming.

This wing nut is running around echoing the lunatic tirades of the 'birthers', supporting their belief that Obama isn't really an American because as Trump puts it, no one in Obama's kindergarten class would remember him! What a jerk.

He then goes on to say that his superior negotiating skills would be used to sit down with the petroleum exporting countries and demand they lower their prices.

Uh, OK. Let us know how that works out, Donald.

There's more but I can't bring myself to think about it. It's all so absurd.

Now for the latest product of the Tea Party movement, Michele Bachmann. This nut job stated in a recent speech that the American Revolution started in New Hampshire. As we all know it was in Concord, Massachusetts that it started, not Concord, New Hampshire.

She also stated that our Founding Fathers eliminated slavery in the Declaration of Independence. Wrong, jerk. They did no such thing.

Finally, she has concluded that global warming is a hoax perpetrated by the liberal scientific community.

Enough about this one too. You get the idea.

Welcome to the Fringe, Donald and Michele. I'm sure you will both feel very much at home there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Again, how come I want to say "AMEN" after reading a post like this.

If the American people are STUPID enough to elect Donald Trump or Sarah Palin to any political post I think I am moving to Canada or England.

kt

April Yedinak said...

I agree with kt, I nearly moved to Canada (ohhhhhh the cold....) when W got re-elected.

Donald Trump is such an ass and interestingly enough, I am sure the only kid the would remember me from kindergarten after 30+ years is the one whose nose I bloodied.

The worst part about these lunatics and their following is realizing how many uneducated and ignorant people there are in this country.