Thursday, March 24, 2011

What is it about my hair?

My grand children seem to have a weird fascination with my hair--such as it is.

Brooke and Courtney are always trying to give me a mohawk or put it in curlers or comb it in different styles which as the years go on is more and more difficult and now Cole has joined the fun.

Yesterday, for example, we were playing and he suddenly stopped and began to closely examine the top of my head which with the exception of a few stray strands is pretty much bare.

He looked at it for a while and finally said, "I like your haircut, grampy." I of course didn't get a haircut. In fact I need one but Cole wasn't looking at the sides of my head or the hair around my ears and neck. He was looking directly at the top of my head.

I explained to him that I didn't get it cut. It was falling out on its own. He pondered that for a while but still thought it was nice.

I wonder what he'll say when I actually do get it cut this weekend!

Life with grand children. It's always an adventure.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cole sounds like a sweet kid!

Perhaps he wants a close cut like yours! Wouldn't your son just die if you got him one (or shoot you). kt

Nick said...

As they say, hair today, gone tomorrow