Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hide and Seek with Toddlers

I spend every Wednesday and Friday with 22 month old Nicholas and 3 year old Cole--my two grand sons.

Among the many things we do is play hide and seek. They love that game but it's a real challenge--especially with the younger one.

When it's Nicholas's turn to 'find' Cole and me, he stands in the middle of the room we happen to be in, closes his eyes and yells TWO, THREE. Then he opens his eyes and runs around, laughing hysterically, looking for us, even though we didn't really have time to hide.

The act of just running around looking for something is apparently all he needs to have a good time.

Cole, on the other hand, wants me to actually hide--which I do.

But when it's my turn to count and find the boys, they reveal their location if it's taking me too long to find them. They love getting 'caught'.

More fun adventures of a grand parent.

No comments: