Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Day With the Boys

Since the launching of my son's new business venture, I am now spending two days a week with my two grand sons--Wednesdays and Fridays.

Yesterday, we went to my daughter's house for lunch and for Cole & Nicholas to see the large earth moving machine--or as Cole correctly observes, an excavator.

It was a very cold day so we didn't spend a lot of time outside but we were there long enough to get some pictures one of which is shown here.

On the way home they both fell asleep which of course threw a wrench in their nap schedule. They both woke up as soon as we pulled in the driveway.

Cole got out of the truck, still rubbing sleep from his eyes, and wondered where the 'excavator' went.

I had to explain to him that he was home now.

I tried to get them to continue their naps but that wasn't going to work so Nicholas played in his crib for a while & Cole had some quiet time in his room where he decided to change his pants.

He's learning to dress himself so I guess he thought he needed practice.

They weren't in their rooms long. Just enough time for them to get their second wind so it was downstairs for a snack. Then they spread pillows on the floor and jumped on them from the coffee table--an activity taught to them by me at our house but for very good reasons strictly forbidden at their house!

I don't by any means make it a habit of breaking the rules my grand children's parents lay down but this one is difficult to enforce because they do it so fast.

I'll be cleaning up dishes or something and the next thing you know the two of them have laid out the pillows and they're jumping. I'm made aware of it as soon as I'm done doing what ever I'm doing or when I hear them laughing hysterically.

When ever that happens, I know they're up to no good.

Three-year-old Cole is the ring leader. One-and-a-half year old Nicholas is the follower--and follow he does. Everything.

I can see they're going to be a challenge for many years to come. Good thing I'm still young enough to deal with it!

Monday is my day with Courtney. Let's see what she has in store for me.

1 comment:

gael lynch said...

Too funny, George! Don't forget...you always reap what you sow! Those two troublemakers are so lucky to have you there stirring up the pot! But boy does it remind me the difference between the boys and the girls...didn't hear any of this kind of reporting in your days with Courtney and Brooke! We really are two different kinds of animals, that's for sure!