Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Veterans Day 2010

Veterans Day 2010. To all of my fellow veterans, but especially Vern and Jack who both served in WWII, have a great day and THANK YOU.

Vern served with the 8th Air Force, was shot down over Germany and finished the war as a P.O.W.

Jack was in the Navy and served on battleships USS Alabama and USS Washington.

They both live in Assisted Living facilities now and I visit them on a regular basis. They're stories are a source of great interest to me. I never tire of listening to them.

I hope our newly elected incoming Congress doesn't let them fall through the cracks in their effort to "cut spending"!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have so many "cracks" in the government that I am afraid that a great many good people will probably fall between them. However, I believe this is the very nature of government, any government. Government is man made and man is so flawed! So, God help us all!