Saturday, October 16, 2010

Growing Up In the Digital Age


They say kids are more comfortable with technology than adults.

Well, here's more evidence. Two little boys, ages 3 years and 1.5 years, playing with grandma's iPad.

They already know where to put their fingers and how to play the games.

But that's nothing. You should see their cousins, Brooke age 6 & Courtney age 4. They need no help whatever.

They are completely comfortable with the iPad, their father's iPhone and my iMac.

As you can see our family is partly responsible for Apple Corporation's unbelievable success.

That's fine. I have no problem with that. The kids are having a ball. And, like older cousin Brooke, three of them will hit the ground running when they get to school

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can remember when my grandson, Gene (when he was less than 2 years old) taught me this lesson too. He was sitting on the floor with his children's V-tech computer and we noticed the mouse wasn't working.
I started to get up to help him but before I could he plucked out the ball and stuck his finger in the hole.
Moving his finger around did the trick and the arrow started moving. Contented, he continued using his computer with no problem. Obviously he had experimented with this method before.