Thursday, August 5, 2010

More Adventures With Courtney


Yesterday while returning home from dropping Brooke off at her friend's house Courtney and I had a very interesting conversation.

Courtney declared that she was going to the cemetery when she died as opposed to her mom and dad who picked fire.

I expressed surprise that she was thinking about that.

She asked me how people actually die. I said they get real old and their bodies wear out and they just die. I told her she doesn't have to worry about it for a long, long time.

She persisted by asking exactly how does it happen. So after stumbling around for an answer for someone who's almost 4 I said "Well, your heart just stops working and that's it."

She said, "Oh yeah. Than you curl up like a pan cake and stuff you in a box."

I decided to leave it at that and we moved on to another topic.

I made a note to myself to ask my daughter and son-in-law what they've been talking to her about.

Life with Courtney.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just red your post. Yes, I agree that it is indeed unusual, these days) to find a family that is THAT close knit. It is, also, unusual to find a male who is that involved with his family that he treasures it so much.

You are a rare one and so is your BEAUTIFUL wife and family. I am better by having known you even thaogh it has been only briefly. kt