Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cool, Calm and Collected


This morning on the Today Show, Matt Lauer was challenging President Obama on his calm demeanor. He suggested that perhaps it would be appropriate for the president to show a bit more emotion than he has been over this Gulf mess.

I find myself agreeing strongly with a friend of mine who wrote in his blog on my website (http://georgeswebpage.com/kensblog) what I consider to be a point worth repeating: We do not want a president who's going to rant and rave when confronted with a problem of this magnitude. We want someone who is going to calmly evaluate the situation and take appropriate action. The only reason Matt Lauer wants more emotion is because it makes for good television.

The president was too polite to tell Lauer to take a hike but I don't have a problem with it. Take a hike, Matt. Improve your ratings some other way.

No comments: