Thursday, October 22, 2009

Good Luck PC Users.

I'm sitting here watching Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer rant and rave about the release of Windows 7. According to everything I've read, it's a huge improvement over Vista so PC users should welcome it. The problem is there are 6 versions of the OS and if you don't pick the right one, you're going to have problems. Also, if you're one of the millions of people who understandably avoided Vista and stayed with XP, you're going to have one hell of a time upgrading to 7. Either that or you're going to have to hire someone to do it or spend some money on a piece of software that will make it somewhat easier. All of this is partly why I've been a Mac user for as long as I've owned a computer ( a long time). When I upgrade to a more recent OS, all I do is install the one version issued, put in the CD, click, click, done! Good luck, PC users. If you're upgrading, you'll need it.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Today the opened their first Microsoft store on Scottsdale, Arizona. The report said the store looked quite similar to the Apple store. I wonder why? They said the line was out the door and one fellow was on line for 18 hours. Why? The report also said that many people in line were using their iPhones and their iPods and Apple laptops. All I know is my last PC barely worked. I will never buy a Windows based computer again. You are right George, they make everything so confusing. On my school computer I can hardly figure anything out.