Monday, September 21, 2009

More Adventures With My Two Grand Daughters

Well, it was another great day with my two little grand daughters. After Courtney and I saw Brooke off to school at about 8:40, we walked back to the house to start our morning adventures. It began with bubbles on the deck. Then Courtney found Brooke's little treasure bag and spread its contents all over the kitchen floor. I began to feel a little uneasy about this since Brooke is a tad possessive but I figured what could possibly go wrong. When Courtney's done, I'll put everything back and Brooke will be none the worse for it, right? The rest of the morning was spent playing school, watching two episodes of Caillou, the theme song of which continues to play itself over and over in my head. At about noon we went to the bus stop to greet Brooke. When Brooke got off the bus she had a very distressed look on her face. I asked her how her day was and she said she had a lot of homework. I reminded her that it was due on Friday, a whole 5 days away. That seemed to cheer her up a little. When we got in the house and Brooke spotted her little treasure bag. You guessed it. EVERYTHING was out of place. She asked me if I was the one who let Courtney get into it. Being the only other living thing around except the family dog, I admitted I let her play with it. After she managed to get everything back where it belonged we proceeded to do a science experiment. We mixed yeast with sugar and water in a test tube with a balloon over it. The idea was to collect the carbon dioxide that the mixture would produce. It was a success. Finally, as usual, we played doctor. I was the hapless patient who received several chicken pox vaccinations and several allergy test shots. Then Brooke got a band aid and a piece of cotton, pretended she was getting blood work and put it on her arm to fool her mother who of course played along. All in all it was another great day with my two best little girls. Soon there will be more adventures with the boys. Stay tuned.

No comments: