Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Angry Red Over Green

For the past few weeks I've been seeing more and more letters to editors of various newspapers criticizing the 'cap and trade' legislation that recently cleared the House of Representatives and headed for the Senate. The writers of these letters all claim the end of civilization as we know it if this legislation becomes law. They predict all sorts of dire events, i.e. collapse of the US economy, the loss of millions and millions and millions of jobs, enforced use of cars smaller than a roller skate, etc. The list goes on. The writers of these letters go on to call for Obama's impeachment-or worse. So what's all this anger about? Damned if I know. I must confess I don't know the details of the 'cap and trade' bill but I'm working on it. If anyone knows of a good website or other source that can explain it, I like to know about it. Then maybe I could get mad too.

No comments: